Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm Singin' in the Rain



Yes, that's what I was doing earlier today, just singing in the rain while I biked to the Mineta San Jose International Airport. No doubt the boyfriend was glad he wasn't around to hear me belting out the blues.

It all began with a breakfast of tofu scramble and chocolate soymilk. No doubt the boyfriend was glad he wasn't around for that either.

There was a break in the weather with a patch of blue and a bit of sun. I fired up the hybrid one pedal at a time and off I soared to the airport to wave at pilots and watch airplanes take off, something I never tire of.

For the first 5 miles along the Guadalupe River path, I flew at a pace of 20 mph as a gentle rain began to fall. The raindrops felt refreshing especially as it was a bit humid. I took a short break and watched planes land and take off. It's a fabulous feeling when you're that close.

The sky changed in an instant. Dark clouds sent harder rain and a wind came from nowhere. My speed sunk to 9 mph on the return flight home. I began singing loudly. Heck, there was nobody around, you know. "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." No doubt the boyfriend thinks that the birds in the bay at Alviso migrate South each year to avoid my singing. Just kidding.

I made it home safe and sound. It was good to get out of the rain. And it was good to go for a bike ride. Oh, next month, I'll be taking a ride in a limo with the boyfriend, my first time, and I'll probably start singing. No doubt the boyfriend will have wished he migrated South. Just kidding.

No comments: