Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hello Henry Coe

Today's club ride to Henry Coe was all about wildflowers, wonderful weather, and pain.  See the poppies in this photo.

If it hadn't been for all the pretty flowers around every bend, I'm not sure that I'd have made it. 

We had great weather and a good turnout.  I managed to do 15 mph along the trail yet I was still last with this group.  Ahmed was in front of me up to Thomas Grade when he turned around; injuries prevented him from continuing.  On Cochrane, my chain slipped and not one but four cyclists came to my rescue.  Need I say more....

By the time I got to Henry Coe, I was exhausted, my legs were screaming and I was so done except around every bend, there were pretty flowers and I carried on like a warrior princess.  Clearly, I'm out of shape but no time like the present to get back into the swing of things.  Omg, guess what I saw!!!  A Blue Angel who dazzled me.  He kept doing vertical ascents and nose dives over and over again.  It was fantastic.

I climbed Henry Coe alone but I had wildflowers around every bend and that lone Blue Angel to keep me distracted.  By the time I got to the top of Henry Coe, everyone was leaving.  Despite feeling the burn, a fantastic ride.

Just the Stats:

51 miles
5 hr 15 min
9.6 avg mph
32 mph on descent


No comments: