Thursday, November 16, 2006

Turkey Trot



Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm sweating and I'm freezing while biking Sierra Road at my usual speed racer pace of 4 mph when I had to break for you guessed it - wild turkey. Not one, not two, but 12 of them crossing the road. Where I ask you was the school guard with the little red stop sign? They were adorable, shaking their tushies, and walking single file. Around another bend, I encountered a deer who took one look at me and darted off. Librarians can be frightening I suppose....

Sierra Road is nestled in the foothills of Milpitas. It is a steep climb (about 6 miles of 7-10 percent grade). Flying down Calaveras would have been a thrill except my teeth were chattering from the cold and somewhere on the descent, The Boyfriend got a flat.

But it was all worth it because of those wild turkeys. I may have to eat something else for Thanksgiving.

No comments: