Monday, March 12, 2007

Big Bird








I spent the weekend biking without The Boyfriend to Alviso and around the bay on my Specialized hybrid. It's a 26 mile loop that I managed to do in 2 hours 15 minutes one day and 2 hours the next day or an average of 13 mph and a max of 24 mph. On Saturday, I encountered an Amtrak train and a freight train and a lot of ducks, the kind you better brake for since they're as large as pigs. Practically as large as the one in the photo. Oh, alright, that's an attraction, part of the Roadside America famous architecture; this one being in Flanders, New York. I also saw egrets standing in the water, staring and looking regal. Occasionally I'll see an egret near the airport and I kinda want to say, "Hey, are you lost? Do you need a ride somewhere?"


The weather has been fabulous the last several weeks. I've done quite a few rides on the Hybrid as well as the Bianchi. The Boyfriend forgot the digital camera on a few occasions despite being reminded to bring it. He took photos of our Sierra Road trip but has yet to send me my copies. I'm thinking about firing The Boyfriend :)

Here's a photo of me on the bay taken in 2005.





No comments: