Sunday, March 18, 2007

Eschscholzia californica




Eschscholzia californica, otherwise known as the California Poppy and dotting the landscape for my ride to Alviso. I was treated to an assortment of wildflowers on the trail and on the bay and plum trees in full blossom along a corridor of First Street. When the petals fall, it's like a snowstorm. I did the Alviso Slough Loop Trail (photos of which I borrowed a few for this blog) Saturday as the weather continues in a lovely holding pattern. I took the lower instead of the upper Guadalupe Trail for one segment on the way to Alviso and boy was that a thrill, quite bouncy as the trail has yet to settle. I attempted the same ride Sunday but the legs weren't up for it. And there were no shirtless male runners as on Saturday to motivate me. Have you ever seen Alec Baldwin on celluloid, shirtless? Then you will understand what got me going. Wildflowers, wild men, hard to decide which was lovelier. I wonder if there is a genus/species for shirtless men. Homo sapiens yummy? Later in the week, I'll be in NYC with The Boyfriend and I imagine I'll have much to say.

No comments: