Friday, April 6, 2007

A Bit of the Big Apple




I loved New York City! It was a whirlwind weekend but The Boyfriend and I managed to accomplish that which we planned to do. See, there's me in front of the library. We also took the Staten Island ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty from afar as well as the city itself. Some other things we did included visiting Times Square, Central Park and the World Trade Center site (being there made me cry). Side note: My mom, while born at Angel Island in SF, grew up in New Jersey and used to commute to her job in NYC. And yes, a chauffeur was waiting at the airport with a sign for The Boyfriend and I got to ride in a limo! While descending into SFO, a 747 flew parallel to us. It was amazing. Our pilot let us know that he knew about it to the relief of those wondering. Apparently, from time to time, planes fly parallel to land at SFO.

No comments: