Saturday, September 8, 2007

Take me to the river



Delightful weather finally. I fired up the Hybrid and rode along the Guadalupe River trail.



Along the way, I came across a dozen or so construction workers with their Catapillars. I stopped to thank them for the work they are doing on the trail. I tried ever so hard to convince them to take me on a ride on a Catapillar to no avail. Sigh. Still, men in uniform, what more can I say.



Next, I came across a shirtless runner who looked remarkably like Mr. Big from Sex in the City. Sweet. Men not in uniform, a good thing, too.

I splashed through a wet and muddy part of the trail and had a ball. While I was on the upper trail, I saw cyclists on the lower. They waved to me. I waved back.

The trail is almost finished. This is the first time that I didn't have to get off the bike and walk through a rough unfinished section and I was able to loop back home as well. It was a blast. I finished by coming into downtown San Jose.

Tomorrow, another adventure I hope, perhaps on the coast.

No comments: