Saturday, January 16, 2010

There was this guy



Earlier in the week, there was a fire in the library shortly before I arrived for work. I somehow missed the 79 firemen who stormed the facility. Sigh

While I did not meet 79 men on today's bike ride and before the dark clouds threatened rain, I did meet a cyclist who fired me up. He was right on my tail, just about on top of me. Harder. Faster. Blood pumping. Heart beating. Sweat dripping down my face. Breathless as my pedals turned over and over, wondering if he would overtake me.

At a bridge, he went under, I went over, the river separating us until our paths crossed again in Alviso. But only for a moment as he bid farewell and I smiled knowing that I got a good workout. Oh, how I love training.....

Naturally The Boyfriend regrets that he was away on business and missed out.

No comments: