Saturday, December 8, 2012

Reindeer of Troy (Sparta)





Where have I been?  Seeing the World as usual but with little to share.  Today, plans changed and as I lounged in my pyjamas, waiting for the fog to burn off, I contemplated my options.  Stay under the covers?  For one brief moment, I thought about going out on the bike in my jammies.  I decided it was time to check out the newly paved Guadalupe Trail. 

 Even with the sun, a chill remained.  However, I wore my new SmartWool baselayer and was good to go as I came upon Alviso.  The trail is not finished but I enjoyed the outing.



 Now as to the title of my blog.  Okay people, what do we think?  First impression for me was, "Oh my God, it's Helen the Reindeer of Troy."  You literally must go under it to get to the front door. 

It's across the street from my home.  At night, all lit up, it's quite a sight.  My second reaction was to wonder where they plan to store it the other 11 months of the year.  Ah, the Season of Joy is upon us.  Rejoice....

No comments: