Saturday, January 17, 2015

I Would Bike 500 Miles

I would bike 500 miles and I would ... seriously, who are we kidding, ha ha.  Listen to the real version from The Proclaimers.


Bike dreaming on such a winter's day.  Miss A. offered to go with me on my first bike outing since the foot surgery back in early December.  I decided to go it alone because I wasn't sure how I'd do.  Thank you Miss A.

"Come fly with me."  I rang the door bell because after all, I could certainly give them a lesson or two in "soaring" but nobody was home.  Their loss, n'est-ce pas.

This was my first attempt on the road bike since Thanksgiving.  I biked along Piedmont, Felter, made it to the intersection of Felter and Calaveras and then turned around.  It took forever for the fog to burn off and then it got windy.  I was about 3 mph off my regular speed, and as a slow poke, that basically means a turtle could probably pass me.  I was sluggish.  However, impressed as I always am with myself,  I managed to bike 15 miles.  Please, don't everyone stop what you're doing and applaud.  Til the next time....

1 comment:

Alison Chaiken said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start, Christine. As long as you had fun and are not in recovery-related pain, your first ride back sounds like a success.

As we get older, we are bound to grow slower. The redwoods are still lovely though, and the view of the Pacific from Skyline reminds me that, yep, this really is California.