Sunday, December 25, 2016

Continuing the Christmas Tradition

I'm not one for traditions but for whatever reason, I started going to Half Moon Bay every Christmas. 

This is the second year that Miss P. joined me.  She indulged my desire to explore a section of the coastal trail that I've been meaning to do forever.  She also drove and that was really nice.

I've always wanted to walk to the Ritz Carlton and this year, my wish was granted.

We walked and walked, sometimes on the cliffs, sometimes on the beach.  Parts of the beaches were not accessible because the tide had come in.  But, anywhere you find yourself in this area is simply stunning. 

We kept walking in the direction towards Pescadero, and at some point, moved a little ways inland.  We passed a farm where they are obviously breeding, wait wait for it, yes, aliens. Also known as Brussel sprouts.  It was a surprise and a delight.

Here I am, having survived the invasion of the body snatchers, also known as the aliens masked in Brussel Sprouts stalks.

We saw a rabbit dart across the path.  We saw a few humans, too. I'm still surprised we didn't see any aliens but I guess they have not hatched from the pods.  We saw some odd signs, one for instance mentioning if you didn't see the sheriff, then, leave a note.  Okey dokey.  We ended up walking 8 miles, an easy accomplishment when faced with breathtaking scenery.  Another splendid outing, peaceful and calming.  This is how I like spending Christmas.

No comments: