Saturday, April 21, 2018

More of the Same

Club ride today climbing Patterson Pass Road and Morgan Territory in Livermore. Miss P came along!  Like last week's ride with The BF (Del Puerto Canyon), everything was lush and green.  More of the same because I just can't get enough of our Spring beauty, while it lasts.  Well, it's always beautiful any time of the year but it's like Emerald City this time of year.

Makes the pain of climbing bearable when surrounded by stunning scenery. Haven't climbed Patterson Pass Road since doing the Cinderella ride years ago.  Where does the time go.

Here's a shot of Morgan Territory.  Omg, climbing it was hard.  I did it a long time ago for a Low Key Hillclimb event.  We saw lots of cows, turkeys, enormous pigs, an ostrich, and cyclists, too.  No aliens.

We climbed Morgan Territory and we also descended it.  I struggled.  I thought it would never end.  My legs felt it, and then of course, I met this guy ... who was so proud of me.  And so, I kept going, fortified by his compliment.

After descending Morgan Territory (above), we rode along Collier Canyon.  Never did that rode before.  Mostly it was a descent and much appreciated.  Came across several gigantic satellite dishes.  Pretty sure they are there to look for aliens....  Anyway, great ride, pleased with my stats,  and Happy Earth Day.

Just the Stats:

43 miles
32.5 mph descent
10 avg mph
4 hr. 16 min.





No comments: