Saturday, October 13, 2018

It was Hard

Donny's club ride today had my legs screaming from the get go.  You think you're in shape ....  We started on Black Road.  Donny had me take a short cut (Gist) to help me catch up with the rest of the cyclists.  Yep, as usual, I was the slowest.  The short cut was harder than Black.  Here we are passing a Christmas tree farm.

Next we did a bit of Skyline and Summit before the long descent on Zayante.  Did I mention the long descent.  The road surface was really bumpy.  Ah, but, a little humor as the photo shows, helps.


We biked through Scotts Valley and onwards to Conference Drive, a road I haven't biked before.  Unfortunately, a locked gate meant that we had to retrace our steps and climb Mt Herman. My legs continued to scream.

Yay, a break.  The gang ordering sandwiches.  But, we're not done yet.  Oh phooey, I had more photos but they got corrupted.  Anyway, we still had to climb Bean Creek, Glenwood, and Mountain Charlie.  Oh my god, have I mentioned my legs were screaming.  Somehow I managed to make it back thanks to the gang cheering me on.

Just the Stats:

40.44 miles
4434 feet of climbing
8.5 avg mph
32.5 mph descending
4 hr 44 min.







No comments: