Sunday, October 28, 2018

Newbie in New York City

Thursday, Oct 18th - Sunday, Oct 21st

When Miss P. suggested I join her in NYC for a weekend getaway, I was like, YES.  I've been to NYC before with The Boyfriend, but, this time, Miss P. and I took in a lot, and I mean a lot.  Here we are crossing the Brooklyn Bridge.

We stayed at the Pod Hotel at Times Square and boy that was conveniently located.  Miss P. found the hotel and it's a deal.   We walked everywhere or took the subway or bus to soak in NYC.   The city is loud but nothing compares to its skyline. 

The sights were spectacular.  I especially liked visiting The Met and NYPL.  We saw a show, "Kinky Boots". My first NYC show!  We had breakfast with 2 of my nieces at the Westaway Diner, a destination for sure. 

I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit New York City especially taking in the 9/11 memorial. Did you know that white roses are placed next to the names of those who died on 9/11 on their birthdays.  Made me tear up.  NYC is not for me.  But I truly enjoyed the experience. 



No comments: