Saturday, January 17, 2009

Smiling on Shannon



Met up with P at the Almaden Roasting Co. to do an ACTC ride that included Hicks (the flat part, whew), Shannon, Los Gatos Blvd., Hwy 9 and much more. I stopped on Shannon to take this photo of a side street. Shannon is very pretty and biking on this stretch made me smile even though sections are somewhat challenging. A lot of cyclists in club jerseys were out. These early morning starts though are too much for me. I lagged behind and eventually was on my own. After climbing Hwy. 9, I turned around (the descent was cold; I was shocked to see cyclists out in sleeveless jerseys but they're not weenie like me) and returned to the start, doing 34 miles altogether. P & S planned to go much further. Sigh, no funny moments to share on this ride!

No comments: