Monday, May 18, 2009

Sizzling Weekend



Above, a section of Zayante Road in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The Boyfriend and I spent the weekend in Boulder Creek, sizzling along with everyone else in the Bay Area. No escaping the heat.



The only cool relief was when we biked into downtown Santa Cruz from Highway 9 and going along Highway 1. We stopped at some farm on Highway 1. I wanted to pose behind the strawberry but the sign was too tall for me. Can you tell that my nail color coordinated with my gloves and jersey? Caught up with some other cyclists and chatted a bit at the Beauregard Vineyards wine tasting room on Boony Doon.



Other roads we biked included Quail Hollow, Pine Flats, Empire Grade and Jamison Creek (okay I walked most of it). I only managed to do 35 miles a day. I overheated and my blood sugar fell. This really hot cyclist, pictured above, got his car and fetched me not once but twice, plus he bought me my very first iced Mocha with whipped cream. He's also known as The Boyfriend.

No comments: