Saturday, August 8, 2009

Party at Mile 5



Coming around a corner, at mile 5, to my sheer delight, a lovely vision laid itself before me. There must have been at least 25 of them, cyclists of the male persuasion. Maybe they were Mighty Mice or Fremont Fellas but really, who pays attention to club names when there is so much more to notice. Naturally, I unzipped my pink jersey as far as it would go.

Cyclist: 3 Cheers for Femininity
Pelaton: Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!

Of course I had to take a break and hang out with the boys to relieve my tension of the impending climb up Mt. Hamilton. I can't believe I forgot to take a photo to show The Boyfriend that I don't make these things up.



The BF turned around and met me at mile 15. He's good for relieving my tension. Then again, so were the Mighty Men at mile 5. He was treated to my singing. Lucky him! I shivered with anticipation the last few miles up. Well, not really. The BF was impressed with my stamina. Me at the top. Check out my leg muscle.




The fake owl was a hoot. The weather was just down right perfect. Guess who I saw as I descended. Fellow LKHClimber Ron Brunner! At least I think it was him with his sweet smile.




The BF begins the descent. What a stud muffin. He did the climb up in 1 hr 50 min.

My stats:

37 miles
2 hrs 45 min to the top. I know -- not going to break any records but good for me.
1:15 for the descent
6.6 mph avg up
9 mph avg total
27.5 fastest speed descending

1 comment:

Pat said...

We'll be watching for you to appear here!