Saturday, October 24, 2009

Putting some Spring in my Soda



A few hours after the Low Key Hill Climb series, week 4, Soda Springs:

(via email with The Boyfriend who is in another country)

Me: Guess What!
The BF: Do I dare?
Me: They picked me to be a volunteer!
The BF: They must be hard up.
Me: Listen Mister, I was the Hostess with the Mostess.
The BF: Sigh.
Me: I got to be the bank manager. I took their fees. I took their phone numbers.....
The BF: Sigh.
Me: I didn't flirt, truly.
The BF: You wore a tight jersey, didn't you.
Me: Maybe.
The BF: Sigh.





Me: Guess what else!
The BF: Do I dare?
Me: I sang on the climb. Want to know what I sang?
The BF: Please tell me it wasn't The Lonely Goatherd from The Sound of Music.
Me: No, because I was doing so well that I didn't get to that song. I'll save it for Montevina!
The BF: Sigh. And you wonder why I'm in another country.....
Me: Here goes ---

I get no kick from champagne
Mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all
but I'm getting a kick out of doing this climb!
and well ...
I get a kick out you, Mister.




We had a fabulous turn out. The weather was wonderful. I positioned myself a short distance before Soda Springs to take photos of everyone before the start. Unfortunately, when the horn honked, I was not prepared to go, so, I started late and then, my chain slipped. But these mishaps fired me up, putting some spring in my soda, and I climbed on, alone, but eventually, all the handsome male cyclists descended, and as they passed me, they sang out, "Good Job." That was sweet. But the sweetest yodel came from Ms. J. Martinez, our star female cyclist. Thank you.

The ride wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Of course, when you bike as slowly as I do....

Just the stats, Ma'am

5.35 miles

8.4 grade

1 hr 4 min (I think my official time will actually be 1 hr. 6 min). I expected to do 1 hr. 15 min. so I'm pleased.

1 comment:

anawim said...

I wish I heard the singing! Thanks for volunteering.

Janet Martinez