Saturday, June 18, 2011

Satisfaction Guaranteed



I can't get no satisfaction

I can't get no hilly action

And I try, and I try (well, not really)

But thanks to Miss P and Dr. G

For mapping out a hilly club ride

One that was sure to satisfy


Old La Honda, Bear Gulch West, Skyline, Sand Hill Road and lots of stuff inbetween (Kings Mtn, Alpine, Arastradero, Portola, Whiskey Hill, Foothill). Up, down, all around. We were blessed with a cloudless sky and pleasant temperatures. And a great gang of riders, too.


2 years ago, I did Old La Honda for a LKHC with a time of 34 minutes. Today, I did it in 37 minutes. Still, I'm pleased because it seemed effortless on the Specialized Ruby Elite. A few years ago, I bombed on Bear Gulch West. This time, while it was still difficult, I stayed on the bike. I enjoyed the descents as well, feeling confident on the bike. I also enjoyed the motorcyclists at the Skylonda Store parking lot....


Just the Stats:


46.63 miles

30 mph descent

10.8 avg mph

4 hr 18 m

No comments: