Monday, April 14, 2014

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Yesterday was spent hiking in Huddart Part with my budettes.  We like to get lost.  Gives us an excuse to ask for directions, from men ....  Oh alrighty, so one of us had a smart phone and we had a map but we like to pretend we need help ....  Guess who we saw!  Our man Dan C. doing the Woodside Ramble, a trail event for runners.  It was neato peato seeing female and male runners dashing past us.  We saluted them. 

The day before I volunteered to play traffic cop for our annual wonderful Tierra Bella bike ride.  Naturally, my intersection requires the assistance of a CHP, male of course.  He was fabulous, in more ways than ... oh really I simply must behave.  I salute the cyclists for biking single file and the cars for being patient.

The week before,  I along with Miss P. and Mr. G, did the TB 100K route, inspecting for any possible problems.  Well, let's talk about the nasty pit bull thingy.  Okay, this monster (and I love dogs), chased Miss P.  Next, he came after me.  Well, when I saw his fangs and the drool, I said to myself, "Really?  Do I need this?"  I was not about to go down because some yapping off a leash pest wanted to chew at my lovely legs.  So, I yelled at the little sucker and he or she sulked away.  Don't, and I repeat, don't mess with a menopausal woman.  You will lose.


After the lovely hike in Huddart, we visited the Heritage Rose Garden to see my Mom's rosebush, the Donna Faye.  The smells and blooms were exquisite. 

No comments: