Saturday, September 12, 2015

Puttering Up Page Mill Road

Boy, wacky weather week.  First, I was wilting from the heat wave during the week and today, it was gray and a bit chilly with skies that threatened rain.  I needed my jacket for parts of the ride!  I began today's journey at Shoup Park and puttered about in the Los Altos Hills enjoying the look of Fall.  I had no friends to play with today but that's okay because of course a fire truck passed me and lots of cyclists were out.  I got a little lost and ended up at Foothill De Anza college but found my way back to today's destination. 

Yep, time to test myself on Page Mill in preparation for next month's LKHC climbs.  As I climbed, guess who came down!  First some ACTCers headed by Jerome and then, James P.  And yes, as I descended Page Mill, Mr. P. was climbing it again.  Goodness.  Yay, guess what again, I was only 6 or 7 minutes slower than my LKHC time back in 2011.  Not bad, coming in at 73 minutes.  I think I've only done Page Mill twice in the last year.  We'll see what happens next month.  Rather than go all the way down Page Mill, I took Altamont to Taaffe, Elena and then Burke to get back to Shoup Park.  A pleasant scenic return.  I enjoyed my puttering outing.

1 comment:

Alison Chaiken said...

That's one of my favorite rides: I climb or descend Page Mill almost every week. I'll be riding on Sunday until January, as I started a German class that meets Saturday mornings, and will miss LKHC.