Saturday, September 5, 2015

Grapes on my Ride

Today, I opted to do Marcia's club ride, a social one in which I met other club members (some off to do Eastern Sierras this month).  Some of the members shared information about the Bicycle Adventure Club (having done some trips with BAC); certainly something I want to research.  One woman is going to New Zealand next February for a bike trip. 

We weren't out to break any records at our speed but we certainly had a sweet time, rolling along Foothill Expressway and climbing Montebello.  I wanted to do Montebello before the upcoming 2015 Low Key Hillclimbs; get a sense of where I'm at.  Hey, not bad, I managed to do it in 1 hour without pushing myself much.  Last year's LKHC time was 57.47.  Yay.   Lovely grapes atop Montebello, ready to be plucked.  We also saw what I believe was the Sunnyvale grass fire, unfortunately.  Marcia is my hero, I want to be like her when I'm in my 80s, going strong. 

No comments: