Monday, August 21, 2017

Napa Weeknd, Tour of Napa

Sunday, August 20th, 2017

Well goodness, what a surprise, the Tour of Napa had changed its route.  The Boyfriend and I hadn't done the Tour since 2011.  Gone is the stop at Aetna Springs.  Mostly we rode along roads that were dotted with vineyards and car free.  For the first leg, 21 miles to the first rest stop,  we steamed through, with me averaging 18 mph.  Mostly, my motivation was keen on getting some food into me!

The Boyfriend generously stuck with me the entire time.  We had a blast doing a different route and seeing a part of Napa we had never explored.  Unlike previous times, I didn't meet people and chat away, perhaps because The BF was nearby?  No naughty tales of funny exchanges to share.  I fear my blog is ever so dull!  Wow, with pleasant temperatures, the ride up Ink Grade was remarkably uneventful and almost easy; though, for others, a challenge, requiring getting off the bike and walking.  The descent afterwards remains one of the best, technically easy as you coast downwards into the valley.    At the end, eating our post event meal, we did talk with a club member, and much like our club, she remarked that the event did not sell out, and recruiting new members, particularly younger people, was a challenge.  I finished in 5 hrs while The BF did it in 4.30 hrs.  Driving home was a breeze, no traffic snarls.   Wouldn't have needed a limo to take me home....


No comments: