Saturday, August 26, 2017

Calling All Climbers

Perfect day weather wise for Miss P. and I to do Jerome's club ride.  Cool on the coast but not cold; unfortunately, much too warm for me upon our return to Woodside.  Another warming trend has descended upon us.  First, we climbed Kings Mountain.  I can't remember when I last did that lovely road through redwoods.  A female cyclist liked my socks.  Okay.  The conversations one has while biking.... This photo is somewhere on Tunitas Creek.

After descending Tunitas Creek Road , we turned onto Lobitos Creek Road.  This photo was taken later upon return.  Onward we climbed next tackling Verde, making our way to Half Moon Bay.

I have never cycled Purissima Creek Road nor Higgins Canyon Road.  What a treat.  Quiet but again involving rollers and a bit to the summit.  Some of the gang continued on to Half Moon Bay but Miss P and I decided to turn around at this point.

Good idea as the fog bank began to roll back in. I met a woman cyclist who helped me find my water bottle lid.  Somehow it fell off. 

Here we are admiring the view, somewhere on Lobitos Creek.  Next, we intersected with Tunitas Creek, and climbed that til we hit Kings Mountain for the final descent.  Miss P. encountered deer right before she turned on Tunitas Creek.  Me, I only saw a turkey vulture. Wait, I forgot, monarch butterflies were attracted to me and joined me several times on the ride.  A bee did as well but I told him to get lost.  Lots of male cyclists said hello.  One asked if this was my first time.  Oh, please.  Back in Woodside, I went to the market and guzzled a liter of water.  The woman at the checkout kept calling me honey.  She also wished me a nice day.  Thank you Ma'am, we had a nice outing.  It was a lot of climbing but worth it as we appreciated the beauty of where we live. 





No comments: