Sunday, May 20, 2018

Swell Time in Santa Barbara

A few weeks ago, The Boyfriend and I were in Santa Barbara to bike and to see the Amgen TOC Stage 2 finish climbing Gibraltar RoadUnfortunately, The BF came down with a cold which I later caught, but, after our vacation.  So, our cycling was less than we planned but still, we had a swell time. Here we are on the bike path that parallels the ocean front.

The day of the tour, guess who waved to me -- yep, firemen in their big red truck! They are heroes (we saw some of the after effects of the devastating mud slides and fires).  We had a great vantage point to see the cyclists coming.  Look closely and you'll see a helicopter, meaning, the cyclists are near.

Here's me waiting.  Lots of cyclists and hikers joked with me as they passed by.  Made my day.  Loved the guy who had the 7-Eleven jersey.  I hung out a lot at 7-Eleven in my youth drinking slurpees. The 70s....

Omg, here they come.  It was over too soon but what a thrill to see them.  We also had a great time seeing them up close (spinning away) later in the week for the time trial in Morgan Hill. I practically fainted and got all girly seeing George Hincapie up close.  Omg, he's handsome.

Another gorgeous shot of Santa Barbara.  It's such a beautiful place with its stunning scenery, its neighborhoods, the beaches, the temperature, and vibrant downtown among other things.  Til the next visit.




No comments: