Sunday, June 3, 2018

Back in the Saddle

A bit on the toasty side this weekend with temperatures reaching low 90s.  I could of course have hung out at at my pool with the nonexistent life guard who in my imagination is nicely drawn with rippling abs among other things but no, I got on the bike.  I've been sick for a few weeks and I needed to get back in the saddle.  So, Saturday, I did a club ride around Lexington Reservoir and climbed Soda Springs and Aldercroft Heights. Biking 22 miles felt like an accomplishment especially with the temperature heating up.  The Boyfriend asked if I saw any firemen. No, but remember, I have my imaginary lifeguard to tickle my fancy.

Sunday, I joined Miss P who leads a fun ride starting at the Sunnyvale Community Center (I biked to the start on my Specialized hybrid) and continues along various trails. Being near the water felt wonderful.

Here's another shot.  We had a nice breeze.  It was great seeing Ed, a club member I met last year when Miss P. and I did a club trip in Sebastopol

Lookey, Shoreline Amphitheatre.  Gosh, been years since I've seen a concert there!

Lookey what Miss P found -- an egret eggshell.  The focus of the ride was visiting the Shorebird Egret Rookery in Mountain View.  It was magical seeing them in their nests and taking care of their little ones.

 On my way home, on some trail, I saw this flower.  I've seen it before on other rides and I just love it because it reminds me of a fried egg.   Another fun filled club ride of which I did 45 miles in the heat.  I'm definitely back in the saddle.



1 comment:

pep said...

Matilija poppies, on the Stevens Creek Trail.