Saturday, July 21, 2018

Trails, Rollers, and Water

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Today, I chose to do a club ride I've never done that took our group through Milpitas, Fremont, Newark and along the Alameda Creek and Bayview trails. Diane led our group of 8, she and I being the only females.  Oh goody.

After doing a bunch of rollers somewhat like those on Canada Road, we hit the trails.  It was pretty though the first section of the trail is a bit rough. 

I pushed myself and for most of the ride, I managed to stay with the group.  For once!  This section (across the water is the Dumbarton Bridge) is one of my favorite rides, and one I like doing with The Boyfriend.  I didn't realize we'd be doing some of it today.  But, boy, the algae smelled.  I was gagging. 

This was so pretty, like an oasis.  Photo doesn't do it justice.  I could see cyclists, but only their heads, on the other side.  We stopped at a park for a short break.  Lo and behold, guess who made an appearance.  Yep, a red firetruck complete with some damn fine firemen....  Every where I go, they appear.  We took off as the day was heating up.  I didn't enjoy the route back -- too much industrial areas but I passed Ohlone College (always wondered where it was and what it looked like).  I liked doing something different and I was pleased with my results.

Just the Stats:

53 miles
1541 ft of climbing
25.5 mph descending
13.7 avg mph
3 hr 51 min.


No comments: