Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Graeagle Here We Come

Thursday, July 5th

Time for another biking holiday, this time, Miss P. is joining us!  After learning about a century ride there, I got it in my head that we had to visit.  According to the Wikipedia entry, it was founded in 1916.  It's situated between Truckee, CA and Reno, NV.  We're staying at the Chalet View Lodge in Graeagle, CA., a lovely place just outside of town.  Since I was driving, I said to The Boyfriend, "You best behave or else you're going in the trunk."  It was a long drive but beautiful once we hit Donner Summit (elevation 7000+ ft) on Hwy 80.  I wish we had shot a pic from the car because it was stunning to see the mountain range.

We arrived in town.  I needed to get gas.  The guy at the Chevron station said I could pump first and then pay afterwards.  Wow, talk about small town hospitality!  The slogan for this town is, "A gift of a lifetime."  Sweet.  Here's a nice page that shows more of the town.



After we settled in, we explored the tiny town with Miss P. Cute how it says "World Famous"....  The store also has an outpost, which later (next day after our epic ride) we had some damn fine coffee.

While Miss P and I checked out the shops, The BF had an ice cream.   Afterwards, we visited the nearby lake.  There are a lot of lakes in this area.  It reminded me of Switzerland with its meadows and lakes.  It is a gift of a lifetime in its natural beauty and its quietness (much appreciated).  Tomorrow, we bike.

No comments: