Friday, July 4, 2008

Pancakes with ACTC

I decided to join ACTC again and for the 4th of July, club members met at a church to have a pancake, sausage and fruit breakfast before doing a group ride. While enjoying blueberry as well as banana walnut pancakes, I mingled and met lots of interesting people. I also got a LiveStrong water bottle and pen handed out by nice looking LiveStrong coordinator. I admired a tandem having never really been up close to one but was soon given an earful by a cyclist who warned me of the perils of two riders bound together on a bike who have communication problems. Thank you cyclist with issues. Just what I needed to start the day.

I was ready for my nap but alas, it was time to set off. We were a colorful bunch of 40 decked out in red, white and blue. Our 32 mile route took us through the neighborhoods of San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga and Campbell. Along the way, I met boys to chat and flirt with, naturally. Soon into the ride, it was clear that our large group would split into smaller ones and I said to one man, "I'm sure we're going to break up along the way." It took him a few minutes but he got it and ta da, he serenaded me with, "You know they say that breaking up is hard to do ...." Just what I needed to start the day. What a guy. :)

At one point, I rode with just one man and one woman. Eventually we met up with others at Peet's where we took a short break. I found P and we finished the ride together along with Mr. Serenader and some others. I told her about the cute fella from Palo Alto Bicycles who serviced my bike the other day. He was clearly flirting with me. For a moment, I entertained the idea of a younger man which P found funny.
Thank you ACTC members for a lovely day that got me out and back in the saddle. Tomorrow another ride with P but this time with Western Wheelers.

No comments: