Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Metcalf



Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it was to get out of the house
and go for a bike ride today

Despite an early morning frost, the weather turned out to be fabulous for our bike ride. We did a route that included climbing Metcalf. And let me tell you, I was mighty and merry as I jingled all the way up it. 10.4% plus grade, 1.8 miles. I watched A as she climbed ahead of me, quite a bit ahead of me, and I had Don as well to motivate me. My legs were so relaxed as though I was simply stepping on pillows.




We had wonderful views given that we did nearly 2,000 feet of climbing. Above, downtown San Jose in the distance.





Two members from our group sped past me on a downhill, going 50 mph. I practically toppled over from the wind they generated as they passed me.

Today's outing, spent with a swell bunch of cyclists, was the best Christmas Eve I've had in a long time.

Just the stats, Ma'am:

20.28 miles
10.9 avg mph
32 mph fastest speed
1 hr. 50 min.

No comments: