Saturday, April 23, 2011

Out with the GoatBusters


It was like Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians/And Then There Were None, in that we (an ACTC ride led by the fabulous SG and PP) started with 12 riders but as the ride progressed, one by one, some peeled away and disappeared. But we were a merry bunch, ready to tackle the hills and call ourselves GoatBusters. Here we are at the end of Stevens Canyon before making our way up Redwood Gulch and Highway 9. I, too, considered peeling away when a certain runner at a stoplight caught my eye .... oh, we rode over the suspension bridge, you know, the one you can see while on Hwy 280 and De Anza. Wonderful.

S&P appointed me "sweeper" which is a fancy term for riding in the back because I'm so slow.

When I got home, I discovered that my back brake no longer works. Hand it to Mike's Bikes who wanted me to come in right away to be serviced, I mean, the bike, but it can keep until tomorrow.

Just the Stats:

37.60 miles
24 mph max descending
10.6 mph avg
3 hrs. 30 min.

No comments: