Saturday, October 29, 2011

LKHC Palomares The Kid and I


I dressed up for Hallowe'en (photo by Franz Kelsch) -- that's a spider on my jersey. I didn't get the memo to come as a French Maid; not only was she hot, she placed first in the women's category for this week's LKHC.

Once again, I found myself in the last group with the children. Good think I wasn't wearing a French Maid costume, eh....

I told The Kid that we were going to duke it out on Palomares. We shot off, me ahead of him. Then he passed me. I kept him in sight. I caught up to him. We talked strategy, yeah, the 12 year old (?) and the 47 year old just shooting the breeze. Like he needed pointers from me. Then he shot off. Fast learner ....

I caught up to him again. We talked a bit. Then off he went. He kept looking to see if I was still there. Yeah, Kid, I'm still here. I realized he was having fun while I was pushing myself. Without him, I might have slacked off.

Thanks to The Kid, I didn't place last. I was hoping to finish with a score of 30 minutes and came close at 31.24. I did it in 36 minutes at last week's trial run. And apparently, I now have the honor of 1st place as Most Consistent. Hmm....

Til we meet again, Kid. :)

No comments: