Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eureka on Corralitos

Me:  I had a cool sensation
The BF:  I feel a whopper coming on
Me:  a sweet vibration as I came down the quite bumpy Eureka Canyon....
The BF:  I refuse to listen to anymore.
Me:  Ah, sweet mystery of life, at last I found ....
The BF:  Sigh, why do I go on bike rides with you.


Lookey, a Venn diagram!  But I digress.  It was quite cold starting off from the school near Lexington Dam and in parts of Eureka Canyon in the Santa Cruz Mountains for Donny's ride to Corralitos and Mt Madonna. 








I spent an hour in Corralitos, thawing myself in the sun, drinking milk, taking photos, and fondly recalling the two mountain bikers who appeared from nowhere to offer "assistance" the moment I stopped to check directions somewhere on Eureka Canyon.  I wasn't the only one who opted out to not do Mt. Madonna.  The Boyfriend, stud that he is, did the entire 68 mile route.  The ride, with a lot of climbing and descending, proved challenging on a cold day.  I began fantasizing, no not about those mountain bikers, but about a hot steaming cup of coffee the last 4 miles back to the start.  Glad we did it.  I had a good time.  Pretty scenery.

Just the Stats:

48 miles
28 mph descent
10.6 mph avg
4 hr 32 min

No comments: