Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Man on Mines

You may recall that a few months ago, The Boyfriend and I did not complete Mines Road because I flatted repeatedly.  Today, we had a successful and wonderful outing, completing the ride and enjoying the scenery, from the sweeping views to the hawks flying above to the goats and cows and horses in the valleys.



Yes, of course, firemen at the beginning of the ride waved to me, and cyclists along the way paid me attention and the studly tow truck guys probably wanted to pick me up, but today was all about my man getting to see why I like this route, having done it back in December for the first time with Miss P.  The temperature was warm but the winds helped.  We sweated a lot but no big deal.

Next week, we're off to Mt. Baldy to follow the Amgen TOC and then more cycling in Solvang.

Once again, my stats were similar to previous ones despite thinking that I had banged it.  The BF banged it, finishing 20 minutes ahead of me. 

Just the Stats:

57.56 miles
11.6 avg mph
29.5 mph descent
4 hr. 55 min.

No comments: