Friday, May 25, 2012

Solvang Again


Sunday, May 20 - Wednesday, May 23

The remainder of our biking holiday was once again spent in Solvang.  I've written blog posts of previous trips in past years.   The BF tackled Figuero Mtn while I slept in.  I met up with him later in the day.  He had an accident and bruised his hip and thigh area but otherwise was okay.  While he attended to himself back at the hotel, I decided to continue on alone, doing a portion of the ride he had done earlier that morning.


Me:  Ring Ring
The BF:  Room Service
Me#@!!%
The BF:  What's that you say, a rear tire flat?
Me:   #@!!%
The BF:  The Limo is on its way.
Me:  Cocktails would be appreciated.
The BF:  Of course.


Tuesday was spent doing a 60 mile route of which the first 28 miles were a mix of headwinds and crosswinds.  Can't really see but somewhere in the photo is me, alas not with a cocktail in hand.  I hit 37 mph on a descent, which is a first for me.  The BF managed 44 mph.

Wednesday, we did 44 miles, once again being assaulted by headwinds for the first 25 miles.  Excellent workout though.  It was so nice to spend a few days leading a simple life, mainly that of biking, eating, sleeping.  And the occasional cocktail, and firemen....