Saturday, April 20, 2013

Grin and Bear It

Fabulous weather today for a club ride led by Donny.

Some of the gang waiting at Hwy 9 and Skyline.  Laura Hipp stopped by and said hello.  Dr. G. joined the ride, too.  A friendly group that made me feel welcome. 

Miss P, Dr. G and I decided to separate from the main gang as much as they were a joy.  We did Hwy 9, Skyline (passing Castle Rock State Park) and onward to the intersection with Bear Creek.

Skyline narrows significantly.  Not much traffic either.  Maybe a big bad wolf will eat me, I thought.  Oh, lookey, a fire truck passing by.  Can we say Yay.  and, Hello Men.

Who can think about Christmas trees today, what with the warm temperature but it was a lovely sight.  I don't think I've been on this stretch of Skyline where the road narrows before reaching Bear Creek.  Very pretty.  While there were some short steep pitches, Miss P and I both found the outing to be soothing and swell.  She's been teaching me to descend better and I must say that I hit 32.5 mph, either on Skyline or Hwy 9, with ease and confidence.  42.81 miles total for me.

No comments: