Saturday, April 6, 2013

Four Men and Me


I sure know how to pick the right club ride!  Just four men and myself out for a spin.  Along the route, to my everlasting delight, I watched ten shirtless young strapping bucks (most likely Stanford U students) with abs that made my jaw drop run along Portola.  There were a few busty babes in skimpy outfits to keep the fellas happy, too.  The weather was unstable, ranging from muggy to cloudy to moments of blue sky.  Lupine and poppies bloomed nicely on Purissima, Arastradero, Alpine and Portola.  The sky darkened as we climbed Old La Honda.  Soon a fine mist took hold but I was distracted by the attention of male cyclists wanting to chat with me.  How swell.  I wouldn't say I zipped up OLH but I certainly managed a quick enough pace until the last half mile or so.  That's when the fine mist became a bit more aggressive.  Skyline was fogged in so we cut the ride short and turned around, cautiously descending OLH to return to Shoup Park in Los Altos.  Luckily it wasn't particularly chilly but we certainly got wet and our bikes dirty.  We rode 27.65 miles.  Thank you to our wonderful ride leader.

No comments: