Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Day at the Beach

Miss P, Mr. G and I started today's club ride to Manresa State Beach 30 minutes before the other members.  We expected that they'd catch up to us on Old Santa Cruz Hwy or somewhere in Soquel.  We made it to Manresa but still no sign of fellow cyclists.  Dare we believe that we were so incredibly fast that we left them in the dust.   Ha ha ha. Not me, that's for sure.  Still sluggish as I tried to keep pace with Miss P and Mr. G.

I love this ride because of the variety of scenery.  Guess what this is.

Yes, strawberries!  Sweet, delicious and juicy just like me. 

And this, what do you suppose this is?  It's near Corralitos.


A cabbage patch!  I love boiled cabbage with mustard and butter.  I like coleslaw, too.

This is for The BF.  Got Pi?  Somewhere on Eureka Canyon.  Towards the end of Eureka Canyon, fatigue settled in.  I'd like to believe that I wouldn't have lost my oomph had there been flirtation possibilities.  Such is life.  I was 35 minutes slower than 2 years ago but give me some time, and I'll be up to speed once more.  Mr. G. had to whisk me away to the Summit Store for a banana and an injection of diet coke.  A fabulous time with Mr. G. and Miss. P.  And that's all that really matters.

Just the Stats:

4900 feet of climbing
64.79 miles
33 mph max
10.4 avg mph
6 hr. 10 min.

No comments: