Saturday, July 2, 2016

All Along the Reservoir

I had considered titling this blog entry, "Scenes from a Reservoir" but well, that sounded like an Ingmar Bergman film.... We stopped at this point of Lexington Reservoir to notice the ripples, after having finished up climbing Black Road and flying through a windy chilly (but much appreciated) Skyline Drive and Bear Creek.  A sight to behold, created by the wind I imagine, and to the wonders of Mom Nature.

I've been meaning to shoot scenes of the reservoir and today I got my chance.  Miss P once again came up with the perfect ride to handle the heat, and I was treated with Miss A joining us as well as The Boyfriend.  Plus, I met a really swell fella named Brian who shared some interesting stories as we struggled up Black.  First time for The Boyfriend doing Black.

Speaking of Sweden, glad you asked, much of the ride I thought about Alexander Skarsgard who plays Tarzan, releasing this weekend.  I've been in lust, no doubt you as well, with Alexander ever since True Blood series.  I've admired his father Stellan for quite some time, ever since Breaking the Waves.  The things I think about while riding, I know, I know.

And I thought about Oliva de Havilland, the last remaining star of Gone with the Wind, 100 years young, living in Paris.  Her Melanie was a character to behold, equally strong written female role as was Scarlett's.  One tough cookie.  Anyway, a bike ride, made memorable by the company and the scenery.  It helps when the world around you is full of doo doo.

No comments: