Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Coming into Pismo Beach

Tuesday, May 16th

Our cycling vacation includes following the Amgen Tour of California.  So today, we left Cambria to watch the pros at Pismo Beach. 

The BF figured out where to deposit my car and how to bike to the pier, the start of this stage, and again, proving himself useful....

Me, all excited. We meandered around and got to see the pros up close.  It was intimate. This is a lovely beach town.  Nice turn out too for the event. 


I love Jelly Belly. 

I got all teary eyed as a woman sang the National Anthem.  Omg, they're off!  That's Peter Sagan in the white jersey. 

Hard to see in this photo, but, I'm on the right, behind the barricade.  Afterwards, we returned to my car, had a coffee at Starbucks and continued on our way to Glendora for the next stage, a huge climb and one we did back in 2012 -- Mt. Baldy.

No comments: