Saturday, September 23, 2017

Art and the Gang

Tuesday, Sept 19th

For our first ride, we started at 11am to allow for everyone to get to Sebastopol.  After introductions in the parking lot, we set off for a 46 mile ride.  I forgot to mention that like yesterday, we had pretty strong winds.  It wasn't a particularly interesting ride but I enjoyed the lovely bike trails.  It was a good first ride getting to know one another.  As is typical, I was the slowest and would remain in the back of the pack for most of the trip. 

I'm jumping ahead to the beginning of Wednesday's ride for the next series of photos in this entry.  We explored Florence Avenue, home to a lot of the quirky super art work by Patrick Amiot and Brigitte Laurent.

The sculptures delighted us. 

They can be found all over Sebastopol and elsewhere.  Charming.  That's what I love about these trips -- the surprises.  After the ride, everyone except me since I forgot my bathing suit enjoyed time in the pool and hot tub before dinner at the Hopmunk Tavern



No comments: