Saturday, September 23, 2017

Bodega Head

Friday, Sept 22nd

After we said goodbye to our cycling friends, we cleaned up at the Inn in Sebastopol and got ready for our final adventure. Miss P and I are alike, in that we want to explore as much as we can when we are on holiday.  Our destination -- Bodega Head in Bodega Bay.

I've always had a fondness for Bodega Bay after seeing Hitchcock's The Birds.  I've visited before but not this particular area.  Boy, am I glad we made the time for this.

We walked all over, taking in the views. 

Stunning.

We met some trackers who showed us a vole that had been regurgitated.  Funny, my sister in law had just shared a story about my mother's beloved cat Gigi who had corned a vole in their house. 

Walking the cliffs.

Bodega Bay.  We were lucky that we got the shots we did because a little while later, dark clouds rolled in.

We walked on and on, taking in more beautiful scenes. 

I felt a bit queasy getting close to the edge but it was worth it.

In the distance, at that tiny bit of land in the sea, we could hear sea lions. Alas, a parting shot as our trip came to an end. Til the next adventure.



No comments: