Sunday, November 19, 2017

Here in Pacific Grove

Friday, November 17th,

Arriving at the inn in Pacific Grove on Asilomar Drive in Pacific Grove.  A much needed getaway.  It's been too long since The Boyfriend and I were last here.  It's a bit on the nippy side, but the weather is clear for the weekend with plenty of sunshine.  I have my woolies to keep me toasty.

The Boyfriend found this inn and it turned out to be a charm. Oh my God, the bed was super.  I mean, some mattresses at some hotels simply suck and give me backaches.  This one was just perfect.   We're right near the beach and the start of our ride for Saturday.  It's quiet and peaceful.  Just what we need.  Thank you Mr. Boyfriend.

Before going into Carmel by the Sea, we stopped off at Point Pinos Lighthouse.  It's the oldest operating lighthouse on the West Coast.  It was around the corner from the inn and I'm glad we stopped to see it.  It was very windy and chilly.

The BF drove us to Carmel by the Sea through the Del Monte Forest.  Like being in a fairy tale.   On another trip, long ago, we ate here.  We snapped a pic because it captures the essence of this quaint village.  However, we ate at a pubhouse that played music from the 80s.  Ha ha.  I picked up the local newspaper, "The Carmel Pine Cone".  How funny is that!

No comments: