Saturday, June 30, 2018

Country View on a Summer Day

Here I am climbing or more accurately dying as I climb Country View.  Oh wait, Weenie Woman (that would be me) can't die but I sure did see weenie stars circling my head.  Oh boy, it's been awhile since I've climbed a hard one and I felt it.  I don't know the grade but it's nasty.

There goes The Boyfriend tackling more of this challenging climb.  Stud.  In the past, I've managed to do all of it but today, I had to walk the last bit of it.  We were on a club ride though we started 20 minutes earlier than the other 13 riders on Donny's ride.  We wanted to beat the heat as today was going to be a warm one, close to 100 degrees.  It was nice seeing Ahmed and Sean (haven't seen him since Molly's Sonoma trip last year).

Oh goody, time to descend and feel the breeze.  Can we say YAY.  At this point, we waved to the other club members making their way up the hill.  Clearly, I am not a road runner since they caught up to us. 

Onward we went over to Croy to climb that hill as well.  By this time, The BF was feeling it and not in a good way.  He needed fluids.  He climbed Mt Ham the day before!  Me, aka weenie woman, was okay but that's because my Energizer Bunny batteries keep on going, even if only at a snail's pace.  It was a tough outing, one that informed me that I need to exercise more and cut back on the bon bons, wine and daydreams of firemen.  Ha ha, like that's going to happen....

Just the Stats:

40.46 miles
10.2 avg mph
32 mph on descent
3 hrs 56 min.


No comments: