Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A Somewhat Better Day

Thursday, July 18th

So, what to do today while my bicycle was hopefully having a successful surgery?  I walked 2 miles to visit Bandit Town, a recreated historic western town that is currently sort of on hold -- read this article.

Meanwhile, The Boyfriend went off on a much deserved bicycle ride around Bass Lake.

It was much more challenging than he anticipated but I know he enjoyed himself.

I'm glad he got some cycling in. Going on holiday is meant to be about having fun! We went to Miller's Landing and had a good lunch of fish n chips.  Afterwards, back to Clovis to check on my bicycle.  Omg, I was so lucky -- the bike man did a wonderful job, replacing the shifter along with giving my bike a tune up.  We were back in business.   We picked up dinner from Trader Joes's, took a scenic route back to our lodgings and had an enjoyable evening.  All is not lost, after all.

 

No comments: