Sunday, July 21, 2019

Road Trip with The Boyfriend

Monday, July 15th

And we're off, The Boyfriend and I, headed for a cycling trip exploring Shaver Lake, North Fork, and Jamestown, all places we've not visited.  Here we are on Hwy 152 going through Pacheco Pass and San Luis Reservoir, always a spectacular drive; I did it once in Spring when the hills reminded me of Emerald City.

And we've arrived at our destination, Shaver Lake Village Hotel.  The hotel is ideally located; always nice to be able to walk to dinner and grocery store. Already, I'm in love with the area. Lots of woods and lakes. And quiet.  We arrived too late to take the China Peak Chair Lift.  Darn.  There's so much to do here; I already know that I want to return.  We drove around to get a sense of our bike ride.  There are road works happening, clearing dead trees, so, we know to expect delays tomorrow on our bike ride.  Lastly, we're at 5,627 feet elevation. 

No comments: