Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Pain in the Tushy Day

Wednesday, July 17th

So, our plans changed thanks to the mechanical problem with my bike.  I was plum depressed because we were supposed to do the Kaiser climb and then swim (well just me as The BF doesn't care for water)  in Shaver lake, with The Boyfriend taking pics of me in my fabulously dull but practical bathing suit where in my mind, I would be a bathing beauty.  Instead, we had to leave beloved Shaver Lake in search of a bicycle shop and pray my bike could be repaired.  This involved driving 53 miles to Clovis.  Oh my Gosh, we were so fortunate to discover the Clovis Bicycle Shop.  Our bike man the surgeon was super duper. The bike was hospitalized for an overnight stay.  Meanwhile, we drove to our next destination, North Fork, in search of our lodgings.  Here we are in the middle of nowhere driving to our airbnb.

We arrived much too early.  The door had an access code.  The BF couldn't get a signal in his iPhone to search his email for the details, so, this meant more driving in search of wifi access.  The area was confusing but eventually we found Bass Lake.

The BF got a signal and found the details for our lodgings.  Yay.  We were sort of pooped and I so longed to dip my toes and be a bathing beauty in a lake.

We drove around the lake and finally found a place to park.

Yay, I dipped my toes in the refreshing lake.  We returned to the airbnb and got situated.  And rested.  And had a good meal at a restaurant in Bass Lake.....


No comments: