Sunday, July 21, 2019

Shaver Lake Bike ride - It Went Down Like This

Tuesday, July 16th

And we're off, ready to tackle 40 miles of mostly climbing (10 percent grades and more here and there) and 7,000 feet.  Omg, it was challenging.

Spectacular scenery, more noticeable by bike than in a car.

It was tough but we were up for the challenge.

Stopping to catch my breath and enjoy the scenery.

A lot of climbing, so be ready should you go.  By the way, there are stores to stop at to refuel if necessary. Alas, we encountered a boo boo.

Or, more specifically, I did.  After 20 miles of climbing, I shifted and my right Sram shifter simply sheared off.  Yep.  The cable was done, obviously.  Was life over?  Well, in the big scheme of life, no, but, certainly disappointing, right. So, I sat for 3 hours while The Boyfriend dashed off for the remaining 20 miles of our route, much of it uphill, to get the car to rescue me. He was my hero.  Was our trip derailed?  Stay tuned.





No comments: