Monday, July 2, 2007

Let x=x



I was biking along the Guadalupe River Trail (photo above) on the Specialized hybrid listening to music on my iPod Nano and on came Laurie Anderson's Let X=X. Great song. Great album. I was alone on this ride since The Boyfriend is away. I came upon the drop to the lower trail which is still rather rocky and made more for mountain bikes. I decided to go for it. And ha ha, Joan Jett (hottie!) played next on my nano as I descended and fiercely gripped the reins (I mean handlebars). Wheeeeee. I bounced. I attacked the road. You know how Stella found her groove? I've never seen the film but I like the phrase. Well, I felt like I had found my groove in mountain biking, if you can call it that since I'm on a hybrid and not a mountain bike on a really rough trail. Went mountain biking on slickrock trails with The Boyfriend awhile ago in Moab (see photo above) and took to it except the deep sand areas were a bit difficult. When I finally got back on paved road in Alviso, I shot off like a roadrunner going home. The smooth surface felt wonderful. Anyway I enjoyed my ride even though I saw no cute boys to flirt with; well, come to think of it, there was this shirtless man with his dog in Alviso....

No comments: