Saturday, March 14, 2009

Doing Henry Coe



A chilly overcast day with the sun eventually breaking through the cloud cover. Still, time to train since next month I'll be doing 3 day long bike tours and a cycling trip in Solvang with you know, what's his name.




Along Coyote Creek Trail, flowers were in bloom and there was an assortment of wildlife -- a butterfly, sheep, goats, squirrels, birds, ducks, dead flattened lizards, The Boyfriend, and a Lynx rufus (bobcat) that walked casually across a bridge while we nervously wondered about forging ahead.





So what do I take photos of -- yes cows just 3 miles short of the top of Henry Coe State Park. Okay, drum roll, please. While I didn't quite make it to the very top, I did 41 miles (Coyote Creek Trail, Thomas Grade, Henry Coe and a bit of a headwind) in 3 hrs. 45 min. Why I do declare that there may just be hope for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rode Coe on Saturday afternoon, but I just went up from downtown Morgan Hill. There weren't that many flowers, but Coe in green is pretty enough without them.

Hope to see you and The Boyfriend soon.